Currently accepting applications for 2024 Programs
The No Limits Cafe (NLC) Suzanne Hatfield Training Program is to help additional adults with intellectual disabilities find meaningful employment and lead productive, successful lives. It is imperative that we substantially lower that 80% unemployment rate in Monmouth County, NJ for this underserved population.The desired goal is to place all of our trainees in jobs, collaborating with employers to ensure success. (Please note: Employment is not guaranteed at completion of program)
- 10-week paid training program for Intellectually Disabled adults (age 18 or older)
- All trainees are paid minimum wage
- Program days:
- 2 days per week – TBD
- All classes are mandatory during the 10-week program
- Each class will have 5 trainees
- Program does NOT guarantee employment at No Limits Cafe or any other business.
- Due to the nature of the program and space restriction we will NOT be able to accommodate job coaches.
- If you are accepted into the No Limits Cafe Training Program, you must sign a photo release form that allows No Limits Cafe to use your name and image in all publicity and marketing.
The No Limits Cafe Training Program curriculum is focused on providing entry level skills to trainees so they are ready to enter the workforce in the restaurant and hospitality industry. Subjects covered include but not limited to:
- Front of House Restaurant Skills
- Back of House Restaurant Skills
- Dishwashing Skills
- Soft Skills (ie. Personal Responsibility, Communication, Advocation for self, etc)
How to Apply
- Ensure that the applicant meets the following requirements:
- Applicant has an Intellectual Disability
- Must be age 18 or older
- Be able to attend all classes for the full 10-week program period
- Fill out the below Online Application.
- You will be notified of the status of your application by a No Limits Cafe representative.
- Please note: if the applicant is not selected for this training program they can reapply for future 2024 NLC Training Programs.